Mike is someone who gets joy from helping business coaches and companies in the health, fitness or supplement niche, beat their controls, harness the power of email marketing, and get their message across in a persuasive, influential, ethical way.
Mike is a very talented copywriter who ran the blog healthy living heavy lifting for a while. He also worked as a copywriter for Livestrong.
On today’s episode, we talk about how Mike started his blog healthy living and heavy lifting, where he got the interest in copywriting from and the pros and cons of a stoic personality.
“You can’t control what happens to you, but you can control what reacts to it.” – Mike Samuels
Some topics that were discussed include:
- How healthy living and heavy lifting started
- How he got started blogging
- How long it took after the start of the blog to get clients
- Solving server crash issues
- Where he got interested in copy
- Mindset when making money
- Pros and cons to a stoic personality
- How to tap into emotions as an introvert that can move people to take action
- Navigating Chinese whispers
- How he approaches creating content for specific platforms
- What his take on being a guru is
- Why he is a Jordan Peterson fan
- Living in political correctness gone crazy era
- People not understanding opinions
- Advice for someone who was looking to take control of their life
References & links mentioned:
- Intent Podcast
- How to Have Impossible Conversations: A Very Practical Guide by Peter Boghossian
- Healthy Living Heavy Lifting
Contact Mike Samuels:
Subscribe & Review Intent Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Intent Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!