For the past 15 years, he’s been living in Spain working as a full-time online marketer. Prior to this, he was a contractor for IBM and Hewlett Packard, looking after Datacenters and managing server farms.
Online Marketing is his passion, he runs a network of niche blogs and employs 7 writers, editors graphic designers and webmasters. This allows him to spend time researching ways to scale and grow their business.
Today, Mark shares the story of how he started making money online after thinking about how he missed important things in life. You’ll discover his retargeting techniques, how he builds audiences and how he creates his content.
“Let's hear it so many times, people not knowing what they want. And that is a killer for your business. If you don't know exactly what you want, you're screwed.” – Mark Thompson
Some topics that were discussed include:
- When starting out in comparison to the American Mark Thompson
- Most interesting stories from refund requests
- The importance of knowing your funnel stats
- His best product he ever bought and a lot of people refunded
- The Rockstar Introvert writer
- Different mediums to get information and learn
- Not knowing what you want vs inability to communicate well
- The basics of tracking your stats
- Mark’s career journey story
- How people compartmentalize from learn mode to social mode
- The Facebook algorithm of showing you what it thinks you want to see
- His point of view with investing in Bitcoin
- The modern way of Marketing
- How he removed the burden of content creation
References & links mentioned:
- André Chaperon
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- James Schramko
- Switchy(Can we please make an affiliate link for switchy and use that please)
- Promo Republic
Subscribe & Review Intent Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Intent Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!